Industrial Health Services
IPS Understands The Kinds Of Risks And Dangers That Can Be Found In Industry Work Environments
After decades of industry experience, IPS management understands the kinds of risks and dangers that can be found in industry work environments.
We enlist the services of professionally trained, experienced personnel to administer the following industrial health services:
Substance Abuse Screening and Testing
DOT certified with non-DOT available
Drug and alcohol testing, fit testing, audiometric testing, and comprehensive physical assessments.
- Urine screen dip collection
- Urine lab confirmation
- Oral fluid alcohol detecting
- Oral fluid substance screening
- Oral fluid lab confirmation
- Breathalyzer test
Respiratory Mask Fit Testing (Quantitative)
In compliance with provincial and/or territorial standards *
- Full face
- Half mark
- N95 testing
A health assessment completed at any time to assess the employee’s fitness to wear respiratory equipment.
Medicals conducted by Occupational Health Nurses and/or Physicians
Hearing Conservation and Testing *
- Audiograms for: baseline, annual, and bi-annual testing
- All tests conducted by certified audiology technicians and when required, results are interpreted by audiologists and/or physician
Spirometry or Pulmonary Lung Function Test
- A Screening test performed by a certified pulmonary function technician to determine an employee’s lung function status
- In compliance with legislation for workers exposed to asbestos, silica or coal dust.
- Early detection of occupational and non-occupational lung problems
- Assessment tool for employee’s ability to wear respiratory protective equipment
Disability Management professionals focus on assisting workers who have been injured or ill return to meaningful and productive work.
Effective disability management in the workplace can decrease the economic and human costs of worker injuries and illnesses by getting the worker back on the job in a safe manner at the earliest time.
Health assessment of employees before their assignment to specific tasks.
This assessment is used to:
- Determine an individual’s physical and emotional capacity to perform a particular job.
- Assess an individual’s general health.
- Establish a baseline for health data.
A health assessment completed at any time during the career of an employee.
This assessment is used to:
- Ensure that the employee still has the physical and emotional capacity to perform their job.
- Evaluate whether the employee has suffered potential harm from exposure to conditions at the workplace (such as noise or toxic substances).
A health assessment completed at any time to assess the employee’s fitness to wear respiratory equipment
Medicals conducted by Occupational Health Nurses and/or Physicians.
*Tracked by electronic database for consistent administration and recall
Administration is either facilitated out of IPS’s Nisku field office or via one of our mobile trailers.
IPS completes testing on behalf of several service providers such as CanAmm, eScreen, and Spectrum which includes urine or oral swab testing.